Since it's about to be the weekend and there will be some time to go to the farmer's market and time to bake I thought this would be a perfect little recipe.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Chobani plain yogurt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white or whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
3. Add yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pulse until blended.
4. Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
5. Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.