Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cherry Almond Smoothie Bowl


I remembered that I had some frozen cherries in the freezer, so I used those to make what has to be one of the best smoothie bowls to ever come out of my kitchen…the Cherry Almond Smoothie Bowl.

To make your own Cherry Almond Smoothie (Bowl), combine the following in your blender:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • ~1/2 cup frozen cherries
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Enough water to get things moving (~1/4 cup)
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used SunWarrior)
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, optional
I topped my smoothie bowl with some Kashi Go Lean for a little added crunch. I was full for a long time and putting goodness into your body after wreaking havoc on it after a holiday weekend makes you just feel better. Detox , retox ya know? Happy Back to work Tuesday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment