Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Hour: Cranberry Margarita



While I'm a fan of the classic margarita, I like to enjoy its Thanksgiving-themed cousin, the cranberry margarita.  It's festive yet familiar. Instead of craving tortilla chips and guacamole, I found myself wanting something elegant and savory. Thus, I paired the cran marg with a warm crab dip. Shake and serve straight up, or pour over ice.

Ingredients
2 cups tequila
1 1/3 cups cranberry juice
1 cup orange-flavored liqueur (triple sec of Cointreau)
2/3 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice

Directions
  1. Combine the tequila, cranberry juice, orange liqueur, and lime juice in a large pitcher. Shake over ice.
  2. Strain into margarita glasses or low cocktail flutes. Alternately, strain into low tumblers filled with ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment