The holidays are once a year, why not make everything as festive as possible. Whip cream, some sort of badass berry preserves or jam and you are like a little kitchen elf just serving up good cheer and smiles for all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- Lingonberry preserves (or other berry preserves), for serving
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, butter, milk, sour cream, and molasses in a medium bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a waffle iron. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mold, and cook until golden brown. Serve warm waffles with sour cream and preserves.