Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fresh Cranberry Salsa


Maybe I've been living out west too long because I'm a sucker for a good salsa.  #Realtalk what's not to like? I dont always want a blob of some creepy gelatinous looking whatever on my plate claiming to be cranberry  ( insert here ) .

No dude, not floating my boat. I'm on to bigger and better things. This being one of them. I thought I'd share with you so you can set trends for the dinner table next week and everyone can "ooh" and "ahhh" over how creative and delish your cranberry salsa is!

With its clean, tart flavors and addictive heat, the salsa cuts right through mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy, and all the other heavy, rich foods on the table. This also begs for something alcoholic to wash it all down. Stay tuned for that...

Ingredients

1 lb. fresh cranberries, halved
6 tablespoons sugar
1 jalapeño, minced
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 limes)
Sea salt, to taste
Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
 
Directions
  1. Combine first 4 ingredients together, stirring to combine; season with kosher salt to taste. Return to refrigerator for at least one hour to allow salsa flavors to meld together. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Makes about 4-1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment